Friday 10 June 2016

LO5 - Review

I am pleased with the overall outcome of my photo's after editing. However some photos were harder to edit due to them being either under or over exposed. Therefore if I was to take these photos again I would have checked the light sensor bar inside the viewfinder which shows me if the current photo is correctly exposed. However this may have been difficult as the light was constantly changing due to the stage lights flashing. Furthermore I would have used only manual focus as at times the autofocus would not pick up my subject due to the light. This left me with some photographs that were out of focus and were not suitable for my final portfolio.  Additionally for some shots such as that of Ballamonas' guitarist Billy with a blue background, I would have used a lower f / stop as I wanted to create a shallow depth of field to help isolate him from the background. This is something I had to edit in and could of saved time if I did it on the spot.

Many of my images are similar, if not at a similar level of competency to that of one of my photographers that I looked at in LO1. That being Ebru Yildiz who was a live music event photographer. Many of his images are from a low angle which I tried to recreate when taking my photographs. There are different uses of lighting while taking a photo, that being diffused, which is light that is being refracted to create a soft balanced light, direct, which is light that is focused and from above, and reflected, which is light that is reflected off of a surface onto the subject. Within my work and that of Ebru's, We both used direct light due to the stage lights being a great source of direct light.

No comments:

Post a Comment